FAQ on Scholarships
1. Does Boone Central weight their GPA?
- Boone Central provides both a weighted and an unweighted cumulative grade point average. The cumulative unweighted GPA is a straight average of a student's semester grades. The cumulative weighted GPA is figured by multiplying a students semester grade by 1.05 then the points are averaged together with the student's remaining semester grades. The following courses are weighted: English 12, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, American History, Government, Physics, Advanced Biology, Chemistry and Anatomy & Physiology.
2. Does Boone Central rank students?
- No, beginning with the Class of 2021, Boone Central does not rank students.
- Students will be recognized at graduation using the Laude system.
3. What kind of grading scale does Boone Central use?
- Boone Central uses percent grades. A student's GPA might be a 95.6% out of 100%.
- If a scholarship asks for grade scale, the correct response would be a 100 point scale.
4. How do I convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale?
- 100-96 is a 4.0
- 95 is a 3.8
- 94 is a 3.6
- 93 is a 3.4
- 92 is a 3.2
- 91-88 is a 3.0
- 87 is a 2.8
- 86 is a 2.6
- 85 is a 2.4
- 84 is a 2.2
- 83-80 is a 2.0
- 79 is a 1.8
- 78 is a 1.6
- 77 is a 1.4
- 76 is a 1.2
- 75-72 is a 1.0
- 71 is a 0.8
- 70 is a 0.6
5. Does Boone Central offer Honors classes, AP classes or IB classes?
- Honors - Calculus would be the only honors class that BC offers.
- AP - Boone Central does not offer AP classes.
- IB - Boone Central does not offer IB classes.